How to Import Google Apps Email to Outlook Account
MS Outlook is a desktop-based application used to send and receive the email messages. It can be used to configure several email account in one place like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and many more. Google offers a monthly subscription plan for the extra mailbox space and private vault for the email messages. Many users prefer or want to add Google Apps to Outlook 2013 to access multiple accounts. There are so many peoples who look for workarounds to making this possible. So, this blog is regarding for those who are looking for a solution to convert or add Google Apps to Outlook account.
Also, if you don’t want to waste your time using manual method then you can go with the professional solution that is Google Apps to Outlook 2013 Backup Tool.
Steps to Manually Add Google Apps Email to Outlook 2013
- Launch MS Outlook application on your machine and go to the File menu.
- After that select the “Info: tab from the right side of the application.
- Note: Please make sure to have Google email ID credentials.
- Select the Manual Setup or additional server types from the “Add Account” option and then click the “Next” button.
- Now, select “POP or IMAP” option and then click on “Next” button.
- From the Account Settings of POP and IMAP, add the necessary information to sync Google G Suite with MS Outlook.
- From the “Server Information” section, select the Account Type as IMAP.
- Now, fill out the settings such as Name or Password etc. and also, set the “Incoming Mail Server” value to imap.gmail.com.
- Set the “Outgoing mail server” (SMTP) to smtp.gmail.com.
- Under User Name, type in the full email address followed by the Google Gmail password.
- Click on the “More Settings” option from the “bottom-right” corner.
- From the Internet E-mail settings dialogue box that pops up, select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Then, check the box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- And then, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Next, switch to the “Advanced” tab to connect Google Apps email to Outlook.
- Change the Incoming server port to “993” and the Outgoing server port to “465 or 587”.
- Set the encrypted connection type as “SSL for IMAP” connection and “TLS for SMTP”. After that, click on “OK” button.
- Click on “Next” from the Add Account Window. If you follow all the steps correctly, the setting will be applied properly.
- At last, click on “Finish” button to begin the conversion from G Suite to Outlook account.
Limitations to Manually Import G Suite to Outlook
This manual process is lengthy as well as time-consuming. Also, it is a very risky process for the home users. This process does not ensure that the formatting or structure remains the same.
Professional Tool to Import G Suite Email to Outlook
Email Backup Wizard is the expert or reliable utility in order to import G Suite emails to Outlook account. This is a Windows supportive utility which supports all the edition of Windows. Also, the tool does not require the installation of the external application. It offers a very simple user interface. One can easily get the complete migration from G Suite to Outlook along with all the respective properties.
The blog describes all the steps to add G Suite to Outlook account. So, read the above blog and get the successful migration from G Suite to Outlook.