Learn How to Move Email from One Gmail Account to Another ?
A friend of mine recently created a new Gmail email account and called me up and asked how she could transfer email from one Gmail account to another. Without wasting time, I have just suggested her Email Backup Wizard. Also, I have assisted her the complete process to move email from one Gmail account to another. So, if you also want to know how to transfer everything from one email account to another then please keep reading the blog.
Steps to Move Email from One Gmail to Another
Get the accurate and complete backup of your Gmail mailboxes like (sent, receive, drafts etc.) using Email Backup Wizard. The tool helps you to transfer from one Gmail account to another with labels. With this tool, one ca
- Download Gmail Backup Tool.
- Install and run the software and select Gmail from the left panel.
- Enter the credentials of Gmail account and click on Login button.
Note: If you are facing issue during login to your account. Please make sure to enable less secure app and you can also take the help of the link given below:
- From here, select the required email >> Gmail saving and enter the email address in which you want to import email messages. You can also use advanced settings option.
- Finally, click Backup to begin the backup process from one Gmail account to another.
These are the steps to move emails from one Gmail account to another without facing any type of trouble. If anyone don’t want to use any third-party software then they can take the help of manual procedure. Now, we are also going to explain the manual way to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another.
Note: Please make sure to create the backup of your Gmail account to avoid the issue of data loss.
Manually Transfer Emails from One Gmail Account to Another
Firstly, check your Gmail email account have been configured to POP or not. Because I will help you to move emails from old Gmail account.
Phase 1 – to Enable POP in Old Gmail Account
To enable POP in the old Gmail account, sign in to your Gmail email account. Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Now, choose “Settings” to set POP data in your Gmail account.
- Select the tab “Forwarding” and “POP/IMAP”.
- In the Download section of POP, select “Enable POP for all mail”.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, please select the “Archive Gmail’s copy” option.
- In the end, click “Save Changes” to apply the modifications.
Phase 2 – Import Email Messages into New Gmail Account
- Now, login to your new Gmail account>>Gear>>Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import.
- In the check mail from other accounts, select the All a Mail Account option.
- A window will appear, enter the Gmail email address which you want to import under the Email Address section and then choose the “Next” button.
- Please make sure that the Import emails from my other account (POP3) is selected or not, if selected then click “Next”.
- Now, enter the Gmail account credentials correctly.
- Select the POP Server as gmail.com and Port as 995.
- Please check the feature Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- Click “Add Account” and select Yes, I want to be able to send mail as email@example.com under the tab Would you also like to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org? And then click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your name under the Name option and press “Next”.
- Now, click on “Send Verification” and then login to your old Gmail account to “copy verification code” and then verify the account.
- In the few moments, your old Gmail emails will get import into the new account. If you are having lots of emails then if will take hours. So be patient!!
- That’s it!! It will allow you to download Old Gmail emails to new account.
This manual process is too risky as well as lengthy procedure. If you forget to select any of the steps then you have to follow the same steps again. Also, it requires a deep knowledge if you don’t have then please take the backup of your Gmail account first. There is no guarantee of safe and complete backup.
Some Advantages of Using Expert Solution Instead of Manual Method
|Email Backup Wizard||Manual Procedure|
|One can batch import Gmail emails to another Gmail account to save the time||The manual process does not allow you to download Gmail emails in bulk|
|It has the ability to move emails from one Gmail account to another with attachments||It does not provide the guarantee of email message conversion|
|Provide the option to save messages in the default folder||It will create the new folder in which you get the messages|
|Simple user interface and does not require technical knowledge||Too much difficult, one cannot perform task without technical support|
|Import email to Gmail without losing a bit of information||There is a complete risk of your data loss|
In the above blog, we explained the manual as well as third-party software to download emails from one Gmail account to another. If you are a technical person then you can take the help of manual process if not then please don’t take a risk. Just go with the expert utility to move emails from one Gmail to another.